Duration: As per choice
Package Code: TPH - ANDAMAN NCOBAR - 1
Places Covered: ANDAMAN NICOBAR
(EXCEPT FESTIVE SEASONS & LONG WEEKEND PERIOD)
Welcome to Andaman Island
Welcome to one of the world's best kept secrets - the Andaman Islands , A unique journey off the beaten track in the splendid isolation of the emerald islands and enjoy special access to the unexplored isolated beaches of the Andaman , This islands have just started to emerge on the independent traveler's list of must see places in the world , Experience the nature at its awesome and majestic best in the offbeat locations in and around .
The Andaman Islands are located in the Bay of Bengal and form the western perimeter of the Andaman Sea. The islands are breathtakingly beautiful. Tropical rainforest abound in rare and endemic species of flora and fauna. these islands have been the home of six aboriginal tribes - The Great Andamanese, The Onge, The Jarawas, and The Sentinelese in the Andaman Island and The Shompen and the Nicobari tribes of the Nicobar Island.
Famous Places for Visit into Andaman Island
- Samudrika (Naval Marine Museum) :: Situated opposite to Andaman Teal House, Delanipur this museum is meant to create awareness on various aspects of oceanic environment. A good collection of shells, corals and a few species of colorful fishes found in these islands are on display.
- Chidiya Tapu (25 kms. from Port Blair) :: Chidiya Tapu is the southern most tip of South Andaman. The lush green mangroves, forest cover with numerous chirping birds and the Sylvan Sands and Munda pahar beaches
- Mount Harriet (55 km, by road/15 km by ferry and road from Port Blair) :: The summer headquarters of the Chief Commissioner during British Raj, this place is an ideal for a nice and fascinating over view of the outer islands and the sea. It is the highest peak in the South Andamans (365 meters high).
- Jolly Buoy Island :: An island in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, it offers a breath taking underwater view of coral and marine life. It is an ideal place for snorkeling , sea bathing and basking on the sun kissed beach.
- Mud volcano :: It’s created by natural gases emitted by decaying organic matter underground. As the mud is pushed upwards by the gas, it deposits and hardens above ground. As more mud oozes out and spills over the edge it grows in size, gradually forming what you can see today - a miniature volcano with a rich, creamy mud crater at the top.
- Parrot Island :: It’ a tiny island situated near Baratang. It is home to thousands of parrots. During sunset, thousands of parrots come in groups to settle in that island. The landing of parrots can be viewed from boats and it's an incredible experience to watch such a huge number of parrots landing there.
- Red Skin Island :: Another island in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park has a nice beach and offers spectacular view of corals and marine life.
- Havelock Island :: About 38 Kms. from Port Blair, this island provides idyllic resort in the lap of virgin beach and unpolluted environment. Camping facility is available near Radha nagar beach.
- Ross Island :: Once the seat of British power and capital of these Islands, it stands now as a ruin of the bygone days with the old structure almost in debris. A small museum named 'Smritika' holds photographs & antiques of the British period.
- Viper Island :: The Britishers used to harbor convicts here. The first jail was constructed here which was abandoned after the construction of Cellular Jail. It has a gallows atop a hillock, where condemned prisoners were hanged. Sher Ali, who killed Lord Mayo, the Viceroy of India in 1872, was also hanged here.
- Neil Island :: 36 Kms from Port Blair , This beautiful island with lush green forest and sandy beaches is the vegetable bowl of Andamans. Connected by boat from Port Blair four days a week, it provides an ideal holiday for eco-friendly tourists.
- Rangat :: About 170 km. by road from Port Blair, it provides an ideal place for eco-friendly tourist seeking the lap of sun, sea and fun. The land route form port Blair involves crossing of creeks and dense tropical rain forest. Cutbert Bay beach is nearby which is a turtle nesting ground.
- Mayabunder :: About 70 km. by road from Rangat ( 242 Kms from Port Blair ) , provides serene holiday in an unpolluted environment and great scenic beauty. there are many islands and beaches around Mayabunder. Avis Island just opposite can be reached by motorized boat. the most fascinating beach is the Karma tang beach 12 km. from Mayabunder.